Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weekend Gone

Well at last Sarah and I got our back room finished and painted on Saturday and Sunday morning. This has only taken us since the begginning of April-yes 3 weeks before our wedding. Shocking. Anyway it was done and it is amazing the difference it makes having the correct tools. I borrowed some equipment from work and I reckon it has saved us about half a day at least.

Friday Sar's and I headed out for one of the best curries I have had since we left London. We went into a tiny restaurant on Chevron Island called "The Curry Muncher" and had an absolutely awesome meal. It was a true Indian experience to the extent where I had to put my Durban up bringing to the party and interpret everything the waiter was saying to Sarah. This bloke made Apu sound like the Queen.

Sunday afternoon we wound up at Andrew and Karen's for celebratory drinks as they got engaged on Saturday night. This turned out to be a lovely evening with all the neighbours turning up with Karen's parents, Andrew threw a few snags on the BBQ and we had our fair share of beers. Congratulations to the both of you. It was really good to be in amongst a group of Aussies and actually be able to bring up sport for a change after the boks narrow win on Saturday night over the Aussies. Hopefully I feel the same way next when talking to my Kiwi colleagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia