Monday, October 30, 2006

Summer is Here-God help Us


Well summer is well and truly here, with little rainand level 4 water restrictions around the corner it is the complete opposite of the UK. At the moment the thought of a long summer seems awful. All that unrelenting heat!! In preparation I was up in the roof again putting in mineral wool insulation to try and cool the house down through the summer months. Without the insulation we would need to have the air con on all day. I figured Saturday was the day as the weatherman had predicted rain (I should have known better) anyway I spent about an hour and a half in the roof and cane out looking like I had been for a swim. It must have been 50 degrees up there. After that there was only one thing to do-go for a swim (picture above). The only thing missing from this picture is a beer for the reason that I am on a detox programme for 2 weeks, that is for another blog though. Yes I bought a beer fridge then went on detox!!!!

Sunday Sar's and I went for a nice cycle along the beach at Burleigh Heads- really slow and relaxing followed by a lazy afternoon at home in the garden, building walls and watering the garden-you know the things you never have time for......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia