Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Day


Well after seeing in xmas day with the neighbourhood planning our assault on the Christmas lights competition for the following year (I believe comparisons to Vegas were thrown about) Christmas morning dawned a little murky, though Sarah was fresh as a daisy and raring to go-even after her beetle in her drink episode the night before! After removing all the dead soldiers from the garage and driveway from the night before we exchanged gifts, which we had picked ourselves and pretended to show surprise and disbelief that yes, Santa got it right again!!

After morning coffee on the patio with Watermelon we headed off to the folks at around 10.30am, I think I still had sleep in my eyes though the thought of a cool swim kept me going. On arrival we were greeted by a fantastic spread put on by the Harrison's who had clearly gone to an enormous effort in their Christmas Day preparations. There was a fruit and nut spread in the dining room to greet us with another coffee (thank goodness). It was clear to see that the folks were really excited to be spending Christmas with Sarah and Sar's with them as it had been 10 years since their previous one together.
The day was spent falling in and out of the pool between tucking into some fantastic cold meat and salads for lunch. The traditional christmas day nap took place which was followed by a super hot dinner to cap the day off. In order to butter my bread I must say that one of the deserts prepared by Sarah's dad was absolutely out of this world-something Jamie would have been proud of and I thouroughly enjoyed. Yes while Sar's lit the brandy soaked xmas pudding and everyone was mesmerised by the flames I was tucking into Dave's very own home made out of a box jelly. I could not think of a better end to the day and as Sarah and her Mom planned their boxing day asssaults on the shops I thought "Thank heavens for boxing day tests to keep me out of that one"
PS: Don't forget to add your pin to our guestmap in the right hand column of the blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia