Monday, May 08, 2006

Bad Golf, Houses and TV's

Well what promised to be a fantastic weekend where I asserted my dominance over the Gold Coast Country Club Golf course during round 1 of the club champs turned out to be a disaster and what with another 3 rounds to go I will clearly just be making up the numbers for the next 3 rounds. Whoever said a bad days golf is better than a good days work is talking utter cr.p . In this instance the way that I played felt like it was a long days work in a hot office without aircon, a nagging boss and ugly secretary. You get the picture. We will no longer discuss the golf.

Other than the unmentionable above it was a good weeking starting with the Anzac league test on Friday night where the Kiwi's got a real smack with the Aussies going more than avenging their 24-0 defeat last year with a massive 50-12 victory up in Brissie.

After the unmentionable above Sar's and I did a little house hunting and product pricing for when we eventually buy a house. As you can gather this was purely reconnisence mission. Can someone please tell me then how did I end up arriving home with a new TV and a bank balance that at the start of the trip resembled my golf score and by the end of the trip resembled what I would have liked my score to have been!!!!! So we spent Saturday evening watching whatever was on so long as we were in front of the telly. We did however have time to reflect on our purchase over a few beers out at the barbie.

Sunday was spent with an early (7am) stroll along the beach followed by breakfast on the beach and more house hunting. We stumbled upon a real gem though with our finance a little way off we can only hope that my ploy to move all the For Sale signs from outside the property pays off and it is still on the market in a month-after all we need a house for the TV now!!!

Now it is another week at the office-beats golf- and it promises to be good with a game of Action Cricket on Thursday evening, time to get the competitive juices flowing and the old shoulder loose in what will hopefully become a regular outing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia