Sunday, July 16, 2006

Boks slide to shameful defeat

Boks slide to shameful defeat

The Springboks slumped to the biggest ever Tri-Nations defeat and the second worst beating in their history as they were thrashed 49-0 by the Wallabies in Brisbane on Saturday.

Well this is what I had to endure over the weekend, being at Suncorp Stadium to see the boks slide to their second worst defeat in history. Even worse-I was at Twickenham to see them record that worst defeat against the poms.

Needless to say I have been getting it in the ear all day, even the new neighbour came over with his 2 kids to show them a sad Springbok!!!!!

One more thing, I am never going to rugby again unless I want the team to lose!!!!

On a more positive note I had a really enjoyable game of golf yesterday before the carnage with a couple of Kiwis coming in just outside the prizes, I know what you are thinking but at least we were competitive unlike the boks. Turns out my partner was Leon MacDonalds (All Black 15) aunt which means I may be able to pick up the inside scoop on selection matters and continue to stalk Chateautoby in the fantasy league and pip him at the post-This is my intention!!!

Hard to believe but Sar's and I are still together after last nights Suncorp debacle, only due to her patience with my mood swings and nasty glares every time the crowd erupted and broke into bloody Waltzing Matilda-which was often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia